Mercury offers a lot more than just competitive salaries and a challenging environment — although those are nothing to sneeze at. Here's a rundown of our many employee benefits.
- Vacation — Full-time employees accrue vacation equaling 15 days per year. After five years of continuous service, you will accrue an additional day per year to a maximum of 20 days at 10 years of service.
- Holidays — Employees receive 11 paid holidays per calendar year.
- Health Insurance — Mercury offers a national Preferred Provider Plan (PPO), a High Deductible Health plan with a companion Health Savings Account option, and HMO plans for employees who live in New England and California.
- Dental Insurance — One dental plan is available through Blue Cross Blue Shield. The plan pays 100% for preventive benefits with no deductible, including cleanings, X-rays and diagnostics every six months.
- Vision Coverage
- Health Care Reimbursement Accounts — Pre-tax dollars can be set aside for health care expenses not covered by your medical/dental coverage. Examples include eyeglasses, contacts, deductibles and co-payments.
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts — Pre-tax dollars can be set aside to cover dependent care expenses. Expenses that are eligible for reimbursement through a dependent care account include expenses you incur taking care of dependents so you can work. These expenses can include payments to day care, elder care, after-school care, or babysitting services in your home or someone else's by a licensed day care provider.
- Short-Term Disability — Mercury provides short-term disability coverage for 13 weeks at 80% of your salary.
- Long-Term Disability — Long-term disability will extend your disability coverage after week 13 through a disability until age 65. Coverage is provided at 60% of your salary up to $9,000 a month.
- Life Insurance — Mercury provides life insurance coverage equal to your annual salary. Additionally, you may purchase up to five times your annual salary in supplemental life insurance coverage.
Retirement Savings and Stock Purchase Plans
- 401(k) Plan — Employees may contribute a percentage of their gross wages on a pre-tax basis to the 401(k) plan. Mercury will match $0.50 for every $1.00 you contribute up to a maximum employer match of 3%.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan — Mercury employees who work 20 or more hours each week are eligible to participate. Once eligible, you may contribute 1% to 10% of your gross wages (after taxes) into the plan. You can enroll in the plan each January and July.
Education and Training
- Education — Mercury reimburses employees 100% for tuition and lab fees for up to two preapproved courses ($5,000 maximum) per academic period. Each course must be in a degree program from a fully accredited educational institution.
- Training — Mercury offers professional training, which is defined as any activity that develops skills or knowledge that contributes to an employee's ability to perform his or her job.