Embedded Software Engineer
Mercury Systems is looking for new talent to join its software team in Getafe.
In cooperation with the Software Project Leader, you will be supporting our software activities for avionics projects. You will be responsible for various software development tasks.
- Development, debugging, verification and maintenance of embedded software for avionics projects
- Writing of software specification and design documents
- Development and integration of software modules in C/C++, such as drivers for Linux kernel, drivers for VxWorks 653 or application software for system qualification
- Development of verification scripts in Python
- Interface with customer for technical software support
Skills and Experience
- Master's degree in Information Technology or Electrical Engineering
- At least 5 years of industrial experience as embedded software engineer
- Excellent programming skills in C/C++ and Python
- Proven experience in RTOS and/or Linux kernel driver developments
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Knowledge of DO-178 guidelines and related processes an asset
- Reliable, responsible and customer-oriented personality
- High resilience and ability to work in a challenging and very dynamic environment
Why should you join Mercury Systems?
Mercury Systems is leading commercial provider of secure sensor and mission processing subsystems. We are pioneering a next-generation defense electronics business model specifically designed to meet the industry's current and emerging technology needs. The size and makeup of our organization enable forward thinking, entrepreneurial professionals to thrive and prosper.
Mercury Mission Systems International SA (MMSI), based in Geneva and Getafe, is part of Mercury Systems and is specialized in the design, manufacturing and maintenance of complex high-performance safety and mission-critical avionics and defense computers.
We are committed to making Mercury a great place to work, no matter where our employees are located. We offer a casual and enjoyable atmosphere that allows employees to learn and grow. We help and care for one another and work as one to achieve results for us and for our customers. We value communication and transparency, and strive to foster two-way dialogue at all levels of the organization. We are committed to lifelong learning, offering comprehensive skills training and tuition reimbursement. Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or you are an experienced professional, it's important to us that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.