Software Engineering Intern
Mercury Systems is looking for new talent to join its Software team in Geneva.
In close cooperation with the Engineering team, you will be supporting the development of one of our new products, a high-performance Video I/O Graphics Processor Module. You will be in charge of developing a Linux test bench software implementing the following features:
- Graphical interface
- Capture and visualization of multiple simultaneous video input sources
- Video encoding (h264/h265)
- Video comparison
Skills and Experience
- Ongoing engineering degree in computer science
- Good programming skills in C/C++ and Python
- Knowledge of Linux programming
- Knowledge of Linux graphical user interface and video frameworks (QT/GTK+, Video4Linux, VAAPI, OpenMax, OpenCV etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally, with colleagues and at all organization levels
- Good analytical ability
- Fluent in French, good level of English
Why should you join Mercury Systems?
Mercury Systems is leading commercial provider of secure sensor and mission processing subsystems. We are pioneering a next-generation defense electronics business model specifically designed to meet the industry's current and emerging technology needs. The size and makeup of our organization enable forward thinking, entrepreneurial professionals to thrive and prosper.
Mercury Mission Systems International SA (MMSI), based in Geneva and Getafe, is part of Mercury Systems and is specialized in the design, manufacturing and maintenance of complex high-performance safety and mission-critical avionics and defense computers.
We are committed to making Mercury a great place to work, no matter where our employees are located. We offer a casual and enjoyable atmosphere that allows employees to learn and grow. We help and care for one another and work as one to achieve results for us and for our customers. We value communication and transparency, and strive to foster two-way dialogue at all levels of the organization. We are committed to lifelong learning, offering comprehensive skills training and tuition reimbursement. Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or you are an experienced professional, it's important to us that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.