Mercury Systems Announces High-Performance Compute Blade for Artificial Intelligence and Other Advanced On-Platform Processing Applications
“Our customers are asking us for small, powerful processing blades they can run their most compute-intense applications on and these resources need to be rugged and secure for deployment at the tactical edge,” said Joe Plunkett, Mercury’s Senior Director and General Manager for Sensor Processing Solutions. “The EnsembleSeries LDS3517 meets these needs, making all manner of new missions possible from advanced on-platform electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) and EW cognitive processing to platform autonomy and AI.”
EnsembleSeries LDS3517 blades feature:
- Embedded BuiltSECURE technology: Proven, built-in, system-wide security across software, firmware and hardware in the domains of system security engineering (SSE), trust and cyber-hardening.
- Dense, versatile processing capability: The LDS3517 is a 3U OpenVPX Xeon D family-powered processing blade with powerful UltraScale FPGA support and a mezzanine site for customization and broad-streaming I/O pre-processing, off-boarding and deep packet inspection.
- Versatile mezzanine site: An XMC mezzanine site supports I/O customization, making the LDS3517 exceptionally versatile for a wide variety of high-bandwidth signal processing applications. Each blade is interoperable with Mercury’s other EnsembleSeries OpenVPX processing building blocks for rapid processing subsystem pre-integration.
- Rugged packaging: The LDS3517 optionally includes MOTS+ technology that equips blades with the highly rugged embedded packaging. MOTS+ is an additional layer of environmental protection and ruggedness that requires the soldering of all board-level devices, regardless of their native packaging/terminations, to their respective substrates for reliability.
- On-board AI processing: AI applications require higher levels of processing power and larger memories. The LDS3517’s Xeon D family processor is supported with a powerful UltraScale FPGA and the system memory required to run machine learning and AI applications.
Mercury’s EnsembleSeries™ processing solutions are designed, made, programmed and supported in the USA in DMEA-accredited facilities using devices from our trusted, managed supply chain. Customer orders are currently being accepted for LDS3517 blades in conduction and Air Flow Through (VITA 48.8) one-inch packages with shipments beginning in Q3, 2018.
Mercury Systems – Innovation That Matters™
Mercury Systems (NASDAQ:MRCY) is a leading commercial provider of secure sensor and safety-critical processing subsystems. Optimized for customer and mission success, Mercury’s solutions power a wide variety of critical defense and intelligence programs. Headquartered in Andover, Mass., Mercury is pioneering a next-generation defense electronics business model specifically designed to meet the industry’s current and emerging technology needs. To learn more, visit www.mrcy.com.
Forward-Looking Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains certain forward-looking statements, as that term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including those relating to fiscal 2019 business performance and beyond and the Company's plans for growth and improvement in profitability and cash flow. You can identify these statements by the use of the words "may," "will," "could," "should," "would," "plans," "expects," "anticipates," "continue," "estimate," "project," "intend," "likely," "forecast," "probable," "potential," and similar expressions. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected or anticipated. Such risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, continued funding of defense programs, the timing and amounts of such funding, general economic and business conditions, including unforeseen weakness in the Company’s markets, effects of any U.S. Federal government shutdown or extended continuing resolution, effects of continued geopolitical unrest and regional conflicts, competition, changes in technology and methods of marketing, delays in completing engineering and manufacturing programs, changes in customer order patterns, changes in product mix, continued success in technological advances and delivering technological innovations, changes in, or in the U.S. Government’s interpretation of, federal export control or procurement rules and regulations, market acceptance of the Company’s products, shortages in components, production delays or unanticipated expenses due to performance quality issues with outsourced components, inability to fully realize the expected benefits from acquisitions and restructurings or delays in realizing such benefits, challenges in integrating acquired businesses and achieving anticipated synergies, increases in interest rates, changes to cyber-security regulations and requirements, changes in tax rates or tax regulations, changes to generally accepted accounting principles, difficulties in retaining key employees and customers, unanticipated costs under fixed-price service and system integration engagements, and various other factors beyond our control. These risks and uncertainties also include such additional risk factors as are discussed in the Company’s filings with the
Robert McGrail, Director of Corporate and Investor Communications
Mercury Systems, Inc.
+1 978-967-1366 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Mercury Systems, BuiltSECURE and EnsembleSeries are trademarks and Innovation that Matters is a registered trademark of
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/18c7bd8c-efe3-4368-a045-ebaaed3e3e13
Source: Mercury Systems Inc