Mercury Systems Announces Rugged Servers with Second Generation Intel Xeon Scalable Processors
NATIONAL HARBOR, Md.,
Known for their high performance, configuration flexibility, environmental resiliency and availability, Mercury’s server platforms provide the processing backbone for key artificial intelligence (AI), radar, C4ISR, and tactical networking defense applications.
“Our customers require the latest processing platforms to stay ahead of and counteract adversarial threats,” said Scott Orton, Vice President and General Manager of Mercury’s Trusted Mission Solutions group. “Mercury partners with industry leaders, such as Intel, to ensure rapid technology adoption, allowing our customers to tailor solutions optimized to meet their current needs and scalable to ensure future mission success.”
Mercury’s EnterpriseSeries RES-XR6 Server Highlights:
- Improved efficiency for AI applications: Intel® Deep Learning Boost extends Intel Advanced Vector Extensions-512 (Intel AVX-512) to accelerate inference applications and speed up dense computations characteristic of convolutional neural networks (CNNs) and deep neural networks (DNNs).
- Tailored Performance: To meet current and future processing requirements, customers can fine-tune server configurations with the latest Intel Xeon Scalable processors including Platinum 8200, Gold 6200 + 5200, Silver 4200 and Bronze 3200 with 2-way and 4-way multiprocessing. The EnterpriseSeries RES-XR6 can be configured with 2-4 Intel Scalable Processors (112-224 cores). Intel’s
Optane Data Centerpersistent memory technology enables quicker access to more data by directly attaching multiple terabytes of memory, a maximum of 6TB, to the CPU.
- Configuration Versatility: A robust array of form-factors, high speed I/O, storage options, security features, patented technologies and expansion choices allow users maximum flexibility. For specialized customer applications, Mercury’s in-house facilities support rapid prototyping of modified COTS test and evaluation units with 3D model prototypes available within 48 hours.
- Engineered for harsh environments: EnterpriseSeries servers meet a wide range of military specifications including MIL-STD 810G, 461F (EMI/RFI), 901D (shock), 167-1 (vibration), 1474-D (airborne noise), and 740-2 (structural borne noise). Advanced thermal and mechanical design features deliver superior resilience to shock, vibration, dust, sand and temperature extremes. Additional reliability features, testing, and certifications are available upon request.
- Low Total Cost of Ownership: Greater performance per dollar and extended operational life with scalability options, enables customers to consolidate workloads, resulting in more virtual machines per server, fewer total servers and lower total cost of ownership.
Mercury’s servers will be on display at Sea Air Space, Booth #1418 in
Mercury Systems – Innovation That Matters®
Mercury Systems is a leading commercial provider of secure sensor and safety-critical processing subsystems. Optimized for customer and mission success, Mercury's solutions power a wide variety of critical defense and intelligence programs. Headquartered in Andover, Mass., Mercury is pioneering a next-generation defense electronics business model specifically designed to meet the industry's current and emerging technology needs. To learn more, visit www.mrcy.com and follow us on Twitter.
Forward-Looking Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains certain forward-looking statements, as that term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including those relating to fiscal 2019 business performance and beyond and the Company's plans for growth and improvement in profitability and cash flow. You can identify these statements by the use of the words "may," "will," "could," "should," "would," "plans," "expects," "anticipates," "continue," "estimate," "project," "intend," "likely," "forecast," "probable," "potential," and similar expressions. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected or anticipated. Such risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, continued funding of defense programs, the timing and amounts of such funding, general economic and business conditions, including unforeseen weakness in the Company’s markets, effects of any U.S. Federal government shutdown or extended continuing resolution, effects of continued geopolitical unrest and regional conflicts, competition, changes in technology and methods of marketing, delays in completing engineering and manufacturing programs, changes in customer order patterns, changes in product mix, continued success in technological advances and delivering technological innovations, changes in, or in the U.S. Government’s interpretation of, federal export contractor procurement rules and regulations, market acceptance of the Company’s products, shortages in components, production delays or unanticipated expenses due to performance quality issues with outsourced components, inability to fully realize the expected benefits from acquisitions and restructurings or delays in realizing such benefits, challenges in integrating acquired businesses and achieving anticipated synergies, increases in interest rates, changes to cyber-security regulations and requirements, changes in tax rates or tax regulations, changes to generally accepted accounting principles, difficulties in retaining key employees and customers, unanticipated costs under fixed-price service and system integration engagements, and various other factors beyond our control. These risks and uncertainties also include such additional risk factors as are discussed in the Company’s filings with the
Robert McGrail, Director of Corporate Communications
Mercury Systems, Inc.
+1 978-967-1366 / email@example.com
Mercury Systems and Innovation That Matters are registered trademarks of
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/7b9e0c97-aa0b-430c-a89b-615626cb2a1b
Source: Mercury Systems Inc