Reading Time: 18 minutes (4,998 words)
Commercial, defense-oriented, companies can be a valuable source of near term and long term innovation. This requires the department of defense (DoD) to drive innovation and open systems to allow the defense industry profitably but affordably support key programs. To deliver on this vision the Pentagon needs capable and experienced commercial firms from within the defense industrial base with affordable, domestically sourced solutions. These firms should focus on building the best, most affordable, fully integrated platforms. However, this doesn’t need to be, and can’t effectively be done by a single party at all levels of integration.
- The changing DoD Procurement Landscape
- Why a pure play defense electronics model drives innovation in support of the primes and DoD
- how commercial companies support this
- The importance of pre-integrated solutions to allow the DoD to “out-innovate faster than anyone else”
- The increased need for open and secure technologies.