CPU-Based OpenGL Library for DAL-A, Scalable Multicore Performance
DO-178C safety-certifiable multicore CPU OpenGL graphics rendering software library
Mercury's GS Multi-Core Renderer with BuiltSAFE™ technologies is an OpenGL graphics software library tailored for high-performance in safety-critical environments requiring the highest DAL level. Part of the our Graphics Suite, this efficient, small footprint software library performs software-based graphics rasterizing in embedded systems that employ both general purpose and safety-critical systems using a single, consistent API. The multicore implementation overcomes the performance issues typically associated with software-only graphics solutions. Certifiable to DO-178C Level A, this OpenGL software graphics renderer is designed to be deployed in aerospace and defense systems where performance and reliability are critical.
The GS Multi-Core Renderer features unique, optimized software rasterizing algorithms and advanced technology that supports high-fidelity, real-time graphics applications on embedded computing platforms not equipped with GPUs or integrated graphics acceleration. The renderer reduces the risk and cost associated with graphic hardware components while providing a superior obsolescence management approach and easy-system upgrade.
- Full OpenGL SC functionality to enable OpenGL applications in systems with minimal or no graphics hardware support
- Industry-leading performance on embedded targets supporting SIMD streaming
- Deterministic support for multicore processors and multi-threading
- Multicore implementation that scales performance with the number of cores allocated
- Concurrent processing of vector and color operations
- Optional virtualized driver enabling a standard processor to function as a dedicated GPU in the system
- Complete, customizable source code applicable for any operating system
- Small, implementation certifiable to safety standards, including DO-178C level A
- High-quality, anti-aliased lines and textures at all display resolutions
- Configurable frame buffer modes, with or without alpha-out
- Rendered using a user-supplied frame buffer to accomplish video blend, static symbology backgrounds and other special purpose features
Accelerate Subsystem Development
Streamline safety-critical system development and the certification process with DO-254 / DO-178 design assurance checklists, guided assessments, and hardware and software artifacts.
Mitigate Deployment Risk with Proven Experience
We employ cutting-edge commercial technologies and unique processes borne from a wealth of in-house expertise, garnered on over 300 programs, to develop and manufacture solutions to meet your application's demanding conditions.
Case Study: Mercury Helps Airbus Achieve World’s First Safety-Certifiable Fully Automatic Refueling System
Discover how Mercury helped Airbus achieve the world’s first safety-certifiable, fully automatic...
Mercury Systems Presents: Mission Success
Mercury’s cutting-edge avionics and mission-critical solutions make airspace the safest space to...
Can you trust your computer? Three ways your system may already be unsafe
Did you know your computer could be untrustworthy, even before you take it out of the box? Read more...
White Paper: Building Safe and Secure Systems for Tomorrow's Autonomous Platforms
Assurance of DAL flight-safety certification and systems security engineering (SSE) is required to...