BOARDS
Products

Product Quick Search

* Not including RF components

ENSEMBLE® 6000 Series LDS6525 Low Density Server OpenVPX i7

Product Description

The Ensemble® 6000 Series OpenVPX™ with 4th Generation Intel® Quad-Core™ i7 processor (Haswell mobile class) LDS6525 module from Mercury Systems combines a powerful mobile class Intel Quad-Core processor, firmware upgradable FPGA implemented switch fabrics for unsurpassed fabric data rates, and configurable mezzanine I/O in a single 6U OpenVPX slot. The LDS6525, as Mercury’s latest low-density server, provides a next-generation architecture that balances the computational capabilities of the AVX2-enabled Core i7 processor with Gen 2 Serial RapidIO™ or 10 Gigabit Ethernet data paths. The combination provides a powerful and scalable computing architecture that is well aligned with high-end radar, electronic warfare and image processing applications. Intel 4th Generation Core i7 Haswell Mobile-Class Processor.

At the heart of the LDS6525 is the Intel 64-bit 4th Generation Core i7-4700EQ processor, running at up to 2.4 GHz. This processor includes Advanced Vector Extensions-2 (AVX2) instruction set which doubles the width of the processor’s SIMD The 4700EQ includes a large 6 MB cache shared between the cores, allowing many high-performance calculations to remain cache resident. This accelerates processing by eliminating the potential latency required to access DRAM to fetch upcoming data. The processor supports dual high speed DDR3-1600 memory controllers, providing up to 25 GB/s of raw memory bandwidth. 8 GB of DDR3-DRAM with ECC support is populated on the LDS6525.

The four processor cores are supported by the latest on-die GT2 GPU for high definition graphical and intensive parallel data processing. Programming options include the device’s native OpenCL support and the efficiency of Intel’s FMA.

• Features
  • Benefits
  • Specs
  • Request Form
  • Rugged, open architecture data/graphics processing module with Mercury’s POET™ implemented Gen 2 Serial RapidIO® and 10Gigabit Ethernet data plane options
  • 4th Generation Intel® Quad-Core™ i7 processor (Haswell mobile class) with AVX2 and on-die GT2 GPU for demanding data/graphics processing
  • One XMC and one XMC/PMC mezzanine sites
  • 6U OpenVPX™ compliant VITA 65/46/48 (VPX-REDI) module
  • Integrated Gen3 PCIe switching infrastructure for on-board and off-board co-processing 6U OpenVPX-compliant VITA 65/46/48 (VPX-REDI) module
  • Balances the power of an AVX2-enabled Quad-Core™ i7 processor with high-bandwidth I/O
  • PCIe architecture supports full bandwidth operation of mezzanine I/O, which in turn optimizes system I/O
  • System management capabilities enable monitoring, alarm management, and other remote activities
  • Data plane supports off-the-shelf software such as OFED, OpenMPI and MultiCore Plus™

Processor 

• Single 2.4GHz 4th Generation Intel i7 Quad-Core mobile (Haswell mobile) CPU (i7-4700EQ)
  • Threads per core: 2 (8 total per CPU)
  • On-die GT2 GPU
  • Processor support: AVX2, 256 bit vector engine incorporating
  • Fused Multiple-Add (FMA)
  • Peak performance per module:
  • Processor: 307 GFLOPS
  • GT2 GPU: 208 GFLOPS
  • PCIe Gen 3 (x8)
  • OpenCL
  • PCH (Platform Controller Hub) LynxPoint mobile QM87

Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) 

• On-board IPMI controller
  • Voltage and temperature monitor
  • Geographical address monitor
  • Power/reset control
  • On-board FRU EEPROM interface
  • FPGA, CPU and CPLD interfaces

Ethernet Connections 

• 1000BASE-BX Ethernet to P4 connector
  • OpenVPX control plane
  • 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet to P4 connector
  • Accessible via OpenVPX RTM or external chassis interface
  • 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet connection
  • To front-panel (air-cooled module) or backplane P4 connector (conduction-cooled module)
  • Control plane functions supported by the chipset include:
  • UDP, TCP, SCTP, ARP, IPv4, IPv6, IEEE1588, flow control, 802.1P (priority) and 802.1Q (VLAN)

OpenVPX Multi-Plane Architecture 

• System management via IPMB-A and IPMB-B links on P0 management plane
  • Gen 2 Serial RapidIO or 10 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces on P1 data plane
  • Full x16 or dual x8 Gen3 PCIe expansion plane to P2 connector
  • Dual 1000BASE-BX Ethernet control plane

PMC/XMC Sites 

• Mezzanine sites 1 PMC/XMC and 1 XMC
  • PCI-X to PCIe bridge Connects PMC site to on-board
  • PCIe
  • PMC PCI support 33 and 66 MHz
  • PMC PCI-X support 66, 100, and 133 MHz
  • PMC user-defined I/O from J14 to backplane
  • PCIe XMC sites per VITA 42.3 with XMC user-defined I/O from Jn6 to backplane

Additional I/O Capabilities 

• One RS-232 serial interface to front-panel (air-cooled) or backplane (conduction-cooled)
  • Configurable for RS-232 or RS-422 signaling when routed to backplane
  • One additional RS-232/RS-422 serial interface to backplane
  • One front-panel USB 3.0 interface (air-cooled configurations only)
  • One USB 2.0 interface to backplane
  • One USB 3.0 interface to backplane
  • One DVI interface to backplane
  • Two SATA interfaces to backplane
  • Eight single-ended GPIO interfaces to backplane
  • System signals to backplane:
  • NVMRO, Chassis Test, Environmental Bypass, Memory Clear

Mechanical 

• 6U OpenVPX
  • 1.0” slot pitch
  • OpenVPX and VPX-REDI

Compliance