Mercury responds to COVID-19 pandemic by leading from the front
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact the lives of so many across the world, Mercury remains focused on communicating openly and honestly, making decisions based on science that best support our team members and key stakeholders, and using innovative strategies to grow our business.
We remain laser-focused on the following four goals:
- Protect the health, safety and livelihoods of our team members
- Mitigate or reduce the operational and financial risks to the business
- Continue to deliver on our commitments to customers and shareholders
- Continue the mission-critical work we all do every day to support the ongoing security of our nation, our brave men and women in uniform, and the communities in which we all live
Protecting the health, safety and livelihoods of our most valuable asset – our employees
At Mercury, we put the heart of our organization — our dedicated and hard-working team members — at the center of our strategy and decision making. One of our strengths is how we come together to care and support one another, and this has been especially noticeable since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. With this in mind, our leadership team has worked to make numerous resources available to support and protect Mercury team members during this time, including:
- Creation of a $1 million Employee COVID-19 Relief Fund
- Weekly onsite COVID-19 testing at Mercury sites
- Temperature kiosks and online daily symptom checks for onsite team
- 120 hours of COVID-19 Sick Leave for all team members
- New policies and procedures that ensure the safety of our onsite team members
- Caregiver resources (childcare and elder care), including a “Kid’s Corner”
- Memberships to the health and wellness apps Aaptiv and Headspace
- Dr. David Zieg, our chief medical advisor, who hosts regular webinars for all team members
- Creation of a Mercury COVID-19 dashboard that is updated in real time for all our sites
- Regular internal surveys to gather team member feedback and concerns
More information for our employees (password protected)
Staying safe while continuing to celebrate our culture and values
Thanks to an ongoing commitment to protect and keep each other safe during this challenging time, we are ensuring the safety and security of ourselves, our colleagues and our families. We are also embodying the One Mercury spirit that is so unique to Mercury and of which we are incredibly proud.
We’re using a variety of communication channels, including our Mercury Now podcasts and blogs, to share how we’re flexing new muscles and pivoting our business strategies against the backdrop of the pandemic. We are also using social media and our #MercuryMoments to share what life is really like at Mercury, whether we’re working onsite or from home.
Celebrating our Hg Heroes
We recognize the hard work and dedication of our on-site Mercury team members who are going above and beyond during the pandemic to help Mercury, our colleagues and customers.
PRESIDENT AND CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Glassdoor names Mark Aslett highest-rated CEO during COVID-19
Earlier this year, our CEO Mark Aslett was named the #1 Rated CEO during COVID-19 by Glassdoor for his continued leadership, communication and compassion during the pandemic. Our collective commitment to upholding Mercury’s culture and values, coupled with Mark’s passion and caring, landed us the top spot on this prestigious list, which includes CEOs in high-tech, healthcare, finance and several other industries.
Mercury named to Fortune 2020 list of 100 Fastest-Growing Companies
Mercury achieved a ranking of #50 on the list and was the highest-ranked aerospace and defense company. “We’re honored to be named as one of the Fortune 100 Fastest Growing Companies,” said Mercury President and CEO Mark Aslett. “In a year beset by challenges brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic, the people of Mercury know that when the stakes are highest, nothing can be compromised. I could not be more proud of how our team has acted with urgency and care to envision, create and deliver innovative technology solutions critical to a safe and secure world.”
Mercury named one of the top places to work for 2020 by The Boston Globe
Mercury has been named one of the Top Places to Work in Massachusetts in The Boston Globe's 13th annual list published online at Globe.com and featured in The Boston Globe Magazine on November 22. Mercury was ranked 12th in the large employer's category. Top Places to Work recognizes the most admired workplaces in the state as voted by employees via a survey that measures opinions about their company’s direction, execution, connection, management, work, pay and benefits, and engagement.