RUGGED SERVERS LIFETIME WARRANTY
Mercury’s rugged servers are engineered for mission-critical applications where performance, reliability and availability are crucial. Our RES XR7 and future-generation servers come with the most comprehensive lifetime warranty in the market to help guarantee mission success.
TRADE IN YOUR SERVER TODAY
RES XR7 servers come with the most comprehensive lifetime warranty in the market.
High-throughput, low-latency performance with PCIe Gen 4 technology including Intel® 3rd gen Xeon® Scalable processors, fast storage and GPUs.
EXPERT SYSTEMS ENGINEERING AND SUPPORT
Customized design solutions to meet your specific application requirements and real-time 24/7 technical support after deployment.
Trade in your non-Mercury or Mercury server for credit towards a new RES XR7 server.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
|11. Will the return merchandise authorization (RMA) process be the same? Will I still need to fill out paperwork?|
|12. What is the RMA process and typical turnaround time?|
|13. What happens if the RMA is not covered under the warranty?|
|14. Will the warranty cover on-site support if we need it?|
|15. Will the warranty cover shipping?|
|16. Is there an impact to purchase price because of the lifetime warranty?|
|17. Is the warranty transferrable?|
|18. Where can I go to view the lifetime warranty’s full terms and conditions?|
Our lifetime warranty covers the repair and/or replacement of any failed component in our latest generation rugged rack Enterprise servers, RES XR7, and any future RES rugged rack and HD modular blade server products (released after July 1, 2021) until either the product or its components become end of life by its manufacturer, or its components are no longer reasonably procurable.
2. I have servers from Mercury that I purchased years ago. Are those covered with the lifetime warranty?
Currently, the latest-generation rugged rack Enterprise servers RES XR7 and any future RES and HD modular blade server products released after July 1, 2021 are covered by the lifetime warranty. Your Mercury sales representative can assist if you are interested in trading in your non-Mercury or Mercury server for credit towards a new RES XR7 server with a lifetime warranty.
Because of its uncompromising security features, we are not able to offer our lifetime warranty for our BuiltSECURE commercial product line.
There are a few instances that may affect coverage including:
- Product and/or its components become end of life (EOL), are no longer manufactured by the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) or are no longer reasonably procurable. However, if Mercury can reasonably procure the end of life component, the repair/replacement will be covered under the warranty.
- Alterations and modifications to the product and/or its components (e.g. ‘acts of God’, owner abuse, malicious destruction).
- Product is beyond economic repair (BER). Product will be considered BER when the obsolete commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) component has reached end of life and a replacement part is not reasonably procurable in the marketplace. Mercury Systems sales and return merchandise authorization (RMA) teams can provide alternate component replacement part services to meet your system requirements for an additional fee.
Click here for warranty’s full terms and conditions.
Your Mercury sales representative is happy to help identify options for EOL component replacement services and/or suggest alternate product configurations.
The warranty defaults to "repair first" but in the event that a repair is not possible or will not deliver the same level of original performance, we will replace the affected part(s). Please note, the lead time for a replacement will be similar to or longer than our typical lead times for newly purchased hardware.
8. What will qualify a product as being beyond economic repair (BER)? Will the replacement of a BER product be free of charge?
A product will be considered BER if the failed obsolete COTS component has reached end of life, is no longer manufactured by the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) or is no longer reasonably procurable in the marketplace. Mercury Systems sales and RMA teams can provide alternate component replacement part/product services to meet your system requirements for an additional fee.
9. Is the warranty void if we open the server and add additional hardware (e.g., PCIe cards or SSDs)?
Hardware added by the end user, such as PCIe cards and solid-state drives (SDDs), are allowed and will not void the warranty. However, the warranty does not cover these types of end user-added parts. Any unauthorized alteration(s) to the components in the product, or those not performed by Mercury when originally purchased, will void the warranty.
11. Will the return merchandise authorization (RMA) process be the same? Will I still need to fill out paperwork?
The RMA process will remain the same including all related paperwork. In addition, we will continue to troubleshoot any issues first, before we accept an RMA for any system.
If your product needs repair, we will ask you to complete a new user account request form to receive login and account information from our customer support team. If you already have login information for our customer support portal, please sign in here to submit a case. The typical turnaround timeframe for a repair/replacement is approximately 110 days from receipt of item.
If the RMA is not covered, Mercury's sales and RMA teams will work to obtain alternate component replacement part(s) that meet your system requirements for an additional fee. If we cannot repair the product and/or alternate components do not exist and the product is declared as ‘beyond economic repair’ (BER), we will return the hardware to you. Please note, any unauthorized alteration(s) to the components in the product, or those not performed by Mercury when originally purchased, will void the warranty.
The warranty covers services performed at a Mercury facility. If on-site support is necessary, these services will be quoted as a separate fee.
Mercury is always working to reduce customers' costs wherever possible. As such, our lifetime warranty comes with no additional cost.