RUGGED SERVERS LIFETIME WARRANTY
Mercury’s rugged servers are engineered for mission-critical applications where performance, reliability and availability are crucial. Our RES XR7 and future-generation servers come with the most comprehensive lifetime warranty in the market to help guarantee mission success.
TRADE IN YOUR SERVER TODAY
RES XR7 servers come with the most comprehensive lifetime warranty in the market.
High-throughput, low-latency performance with PCIe Gen 4 technology including Intel® 3rd gen Xeon® Scalable processors, fast storage and GPUs.
EXPERT SYSTEMS ENGINEERING AND SUPPORT
Customized design solutions to meet your specific application requirements and real-time 24/7 technical support after deployment.
Trade in your non-Mercury or Mercury server for credit towards a new RES XR7 server.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
|11. Will the return merchandise authorization (RMA) process be the same? Will I still need to fill out paperwork?|
|12. What is the RMA process and typical turnaround time?|
|13. What happens if the RMA is not covered under the warranty?|
|14. Will the warranty cover on-site support if we need it?|
|15. Will the warranty cover shipping?|
|16. Is there an impact to purchase price because of the lifetime warranty?|
|17. Is the warranty transferrable?|
|18. Where can I go to view the lifetime warranty’s full terms and conditions?|
1. What is the lifetime warranty?
Our lifetime warranty covers the repair and/or replacement of any failed component in our latest generation rugged rack Enterprise servers, RES XR7, and any future RES rugged rack and HD modular blade server products (released after July 1, 2021) until either the product or its components become end of life by its manufacturer, or its components are no longer reasonably procurable.
2. I have servers from Mercury that I purchased years ago. Are those covered with the lifetime warranty?
Currently, the latest-generation rugged rack Enterprise servers RES XR7 and any future RES and HD modular blade server products released after July 1, 2021 are covered by the lifetime warranty. Your Mercury sales representative can assist if you are interested in trading in your non-Mercury or Mercury server for credit towards a new RES XR7 server with a lifetime warranty.
3. Does this warranty apply to the RES Trust with BuiltSECURE server I am buying?
Because of its uncompromising security features, we are not able to offer our lifetime warranty for our BuiltSECURE commercial product line.
4. Are there restrictions with the lifetime warranty?
There are a few instances that may affect coverage including:
- Product and/or its components become end of life (EOL), are no longer manufactured by the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) or are no longer reasonably procurable. However, if Mercury can reasonably procure the end of life component, the repair/replacement will be covered under the warranty.
- Alterations and modifications to the product and/or its components (e.g. ‘acts of God’, owner abuse, malicious destruction).
- Product is beyond economic repair (BER). Product will be considered BER when the obsolete commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) component has reached end of life and a replacement part is not reasonably procurable in the marketplace. Mercury Systems sales and return merchandise authorization (RMA) teams can provide alternate component replacement part services to meet your system requirements for an additional fee.
Click here for warranty’s full terms and conditions.
5. How will you support end of life (EOL) components?
Your Mercury sales representative is happy to help identify options for EOL component replacement services and/or suggest alternate product configurations.
6. Will the lifetime warranty only cover repairs or will it cover replacements as well?
The warranty defaults to "repair first" but in the event that a repair is not possible or will not deliver the same level of original performance, we will replace the affected part(s). Please note, the lead time for a replacement will be similar to or longer than our typical lead times for newly purchased hardware.
7. Will my replacement part(s) be new?
Replacement parts for your server (if the original component installed is deemed repairable) will be new or equivalently functional to a new component.
8. What will qualify a product as being beyond economic repair (BER)? Will the replacement of a BER product be free of charge?
A product will be considered BER if the failed obsolete COTS component has reached end of life, is no longer manufactured by the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) or is no longer reasonably procurable in the marketplace. Mercury Systems sales and RMA teams can provide alternate component replacement part/product services to meet your system requirements for an additional fee.
9. Is the warranty void if we open the server and add additional hardware (e.g., PCIe cards or SSDs)?
Hardware added by the end user, such as PCIe cards and solid-state drives (SDDs), are allowed and will not void the warranty. However, the warranty does not cover these types of end user-added parts. Any unauthorized alteration(s) to the components in the product, or those not performed by Mercury when originally purchased, will void the warranty.
10. Will the warranty cover non-hardware items like pre-installed software/firmware?
The warranty offered does not cover any firmware/software that is installed on the server.
11. Will the return merchandise authorization (RMA) process be the same? Will I still need to fill out paperwork?
The RMA process will remain the same including all related paperwork. In addition, we will continue to troubleshoot any issues first, before we accept an RMA for any system.
12. What is the RMA process and typical turnaround time?
If your product needs repair, we will ask you to complete a new user account request form to receive login and account information from our customer support team. If you already have login information for our customer support portal, please sign in here to submit a case. The typical turnaround timeframe for a repair/replacement is approximately 110 days from receipt of item.
13. What happens if the RMA is not covered under the warranty?
If the RMA is not covered, Mercury's sales and RMA teams will work to obtain alternate component replacement part(s) that meet your system requirements for an additional fee. If we cannot repair the product and/or alternate components do not exist and the product is declared as ‘beyond economic repair’ (BER), we will return the hardware to you. Please note, any unauthorized alteration(s) to the components in the product, or those not performed by Mercury when originally purchased, will void the warranty.
14. Will the warranty cover on-site support if we need it?
The warranty covers services performed at a Mercury facility. If on-site support is necessary, these services will be quoted as a separate fee.
15. Will the warranty cover shipping?
The warranty does not cover shipping to our facility for repair and return to the customer. Shipping fees will be billed separately.
16. Is there an impact to purchase price because of the lifetime warranty?
Mercury is always working to reduce customers' costs wherever possible. As such, our lifetime warranty comes with no additional cost.
17. Is the warranty transferrable?
The warranty is non-transferrable. Please see the warranty’s full terms and conditions for further details.
18. Where can I go to view the lifetime warranty's full terms and conditions?
The lifetime warranty’s full terms and conditions can be viewed here.
RES XR7 1U Rugged Rack Servers
Dual 3rd gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors, 17-22” depth, up to 16 DIMM slots, 6 PCIe slots and 8 SSD drives including E1.L
RES XR7 2U Rugged Rack Servers
Dual 3rd gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors, 22” depth, up to 16 DIMM slots, 6 PCIe slots and 16 SSD drives including E1.L
RES XR7 3U Rugged Rack Servers
Dual 3rd gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors, 22” depth, up to 16 DIMM slots, 7 PCIe slots and 16 SSD drives
RES XR7 4U
Dual 3rd gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors, 21” depth, up to 32 DIMM slots, 13 PCIe slots and 8 SSD drives including E1.L
Case Study: Navy CDS, Simultaneously and Securely Processing Classified Data at Sea
Discover how the U.S. Navy utilizes Mercury's scalable and configurable HD modular blade servers to...
White Paper: Real-Time Defense Systems Response Will Require PCIe 5.0
PCIe 5.0 protocol benefits a new generation of rugged, deployable application platforms with...
Case Study: Navy CPS, Secure at Sea Removing Foreign Technology
Mercury’s RES HD servers provide the U.S. Navy with a secure, cost-effective, high-performing...
This is not a drill: Preparing for a severe cyber storm
Designing post-quantum cryptography (PQC) is much more than just implementing an algorithm. You need...
Article: Optimizing the Edge Through Distributed Disaggregation
Disaggregating processing is now enabling low-latency, network-attached everything at the edge with...
White Paper: Enabling big data processing and AI-powered everything, everywhere
Learn how Mercury and Intel collaborate to scale and deploy composable data center capabilities...
Webinar: Using NVIDIA-Based Distributed Processing to Speed Mission-Critical AI at the Edge
For the first time in the market, there is an optimized network-attached rugged distributed GPU...
Vodcast: Enabling the Army to get higher performance and SWaP optimization in a smaller footprint
Live from the International Armored Vehicle Show in Austin, Texas, discover how Mercury is enabling...