On-orbit data storage, commercially available
Preserve up to 480 GB of data in radioactive environments
The RH3480 solid-state data recorder (SSDR) is purpose-built to withstand harsh, radiation-intense environments, such as those found in LEO satellites and in certain industrial or medical settings. Designed in a compact 3U form factor, the RH3480 is the highest density SSDR available on the market, satisfying industry needs for reliable, SWaP-optimized storage solutions for advanced edge applications. Plus, the RH3480 offers long-term data integrity with the most powerful error correction code (ECC) available.
- 480 GB large geometry, industrial-grade SLC NAND flash memory
- Dual-host (1 host with 8 lanes) and dual port (2 hosts with 4 lanes each) options
- All components radiation tolerant by design (except NAND) at > 100 krad
- Proprietary horizontal Reed-Solomon algorithm for error correction
- Designed for fault tolerance with multiple failed NAND flash devices
- VPX compatible, VITA 48.2 compliant, P2 unpopulated
- Ruggedized construction and assembly
- SRIO at 3.125 GB/s
- Dual port writes 18.4 GB/s, reads 16 GB/s
- Dual host writes 9.2 GB/s, reads 8 GB/s
- Total ionizing dose (TID) > 100 krad (all components except NAND)
- SLC NAND TID > 30 krad
RTG-4 based NAND processor and controller
- Configuration upsets immunity to LET > 103 MeV.cm2/mg
- Single-event latch-up (SEL) immunity to LET > 103 MeV.cm²/mg
- Registers SEU rate < 10–12 errors/ bit-day (GEO solar min)
- Single-event transient (SET) upset rate < 10–8 errors/bit-day (GEO solar min)
- TID > 100 krad
- LEO satellites
- Nuclear industry
- Medical industry
- High-altitude aircraft
- Airborne weapons
- Mission-critical ground computing subsystems
- Missile launch vehicles
- Scientific missions
Mercury Supplies Solid-State Data Recorders For NASA'S JPL Emit Science MissionREAD THE CASE STUDY
Protecting Satellite Imagery From RadiationREAD THE WHITE PAPER
Mercury’s solid-state data recorders headed to International Space StationVISIT THE NEWSROOM
Thank you! We have received your message and will be in touch with you shortly.
Case Study: NASA manufactures ZBLAN optical fibers in space
Learn more on Mercury and NASA manufacturing high-performance ZBLAN optical fibers in space aboard...
White Paper: Protecting Satellite Image Integrity from Radiation
Today's space imaging systems require radiation-tolerant NAND flash components with advanced error...
Product Guide: Space-Qualified Microelectronics
Whether you application demands space-level reliability for RF components or storage devices, we...
Delivering high-quality and highly reliable memory products through industry partnerships
Memory solutions matter for mission-critical applications. High-quality, high-reliability and...